MSO10599 - Laneshead Cottage, Bratton (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Cottage. C16, subsequently altered and again mid C20. Roughcast over rubble, some brick, double Roman tiled roof, large lateral stone stack, tall roughcast stack rising from eaves left. Plan: 2 cell. One and a half storeys, chimney brest extended left where wall breaks forward, wall above entrance right raised in brick, all C20 casements, 2-light beside stack, ground floor 2 and 3-light peaked door frame left, somewhat eroded, reached by flight of 2 steps, dwelling entered on left from large lobby, quarry tiles. Interior: framed lathe and plaster partition ground floor, chamfered beams with step and runout stops, upper storey not seen.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265369. First Listed on 22/05/1969.  2-cell plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Gabled roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  Laneshead Cottage is depicted and labelled on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41355 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9454 4619 (12m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||MINEHEAD WITHOUT, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/2/86
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31072
Record last edited
May 21 2021 12:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.