MSO10586 - Old Hall, Kingsbridge (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Pair of cottages, now one dwelling. Late C16-early C17, altered C18, enlarged early C20. Roughcast over rubble and cob, thatched roof half hipped to right, very large roughcast stack above entrance, stack right gable end. Plan: lobby entry, 3 cell plus addition. One and a half storeys, 3 bays, 2-light pointed arch windows with divided tracery rising from below eaves, ground floor late C20 2-light leaded wooden casements one left and 3 right of entrance, plank door, thatched hooded porch on C19 pierced brackets. Independently roofed single storey thatched 2-bay addition right. Interior: chamfered beams with step and runout stops running laterally, curved stair projection at rear, another stair beside right gable end, collar and prinicpal roof.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265356. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  Earth, Stone walls. Collar beam, Half-hipped, Gabled roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9823 3723 (22m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/11/73
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31059
Record last edited
Apr 27 2020 2:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.