MSO10552 - 1 and 2, Norman Cottages, Wheddon Cross (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Pair of semi-detached cottages. Late C18-early C19, left hand cottage refenestrated late C20. Rendered over rubble, thatched roof, stone stack gable end, brick stack between second and third bays left. Two cells and cross passage. Two storeys, 2:3 bays, C20 casements with segmental tops projecting above eaves, groundfloor similar windows right flanking entrance, panelled door, thatched hooded porch, C20 casements left flanking plank door with inserted light, thatched hooded porch. No 1 (left hand cottage) included primarily for group value.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265322. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  2-cell Cross passage plan. Stone, Render walls. Gabled roof  The buildings were visited in May 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9246 3881 (20m by 14m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/10/39/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/10/39/2
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31023
Record last edited
May 28 2014 12:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.