MSO10549 - Steart Farmhouse, Cutcombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Farmhouse. Late C18. Roughcast over rubble, shallow pitch slate roof, fluted wooden cornice to main block, brick stack right and between first and second bays left, also rising from eaves on re-entrant angle of wing. L-plan. 3 cell and cross passage with crosswing. Two storeys, 5-bays, 20-pane sash windows first floor, groundfloor 12-pane left of entrance, 20-pane flanking C20 porch, 16-pane sash window in single bay re-entrant angle of wing; semicircular head to 6-panel raised and fielded door with fanlight, main entrance now into kitchen via C20 glazed porch, wooden lintel with central semicircular head, door with inserted light. Slate hung left return. Interior: collar beam roof, fielded and panelled doors, quarry filed floors. Good example of late C18 farmhouse.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 265318. First Listed on 05/06/1985.  L-plan. Stone, Render, roughcast and pebbledash walls. Collar beam, Gabled roof  The building was visited in June 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6.  The building is depicted on the 2020 MasterMap data. It is one of a group of buildings labelled "Steart". 
- <1> SSO58 Index: 5/6/1985. 34th List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest, District of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
- <4> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #41373 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9368 4022 (28m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/6/36
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31020
Record last edited
May 28 2021 1:09PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.