MSO10538 - Timwood House (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Shown on OS map as Timwood Farm. Farmhouse. Circa 1860. Rendered over rubble hipped slate roofs, overhanging eaves, shaped brackets, brick stacks rising from eaves with stone stack also right. Plan: double pile with flanking single storey pavilions 2 storeys, 3 bays, 12 pane sash windows, central slate roofed gabled rendered porch, arched opening, inner door not sighted; flanking hipped roof, single storey one bay pavilions, 12 pane sash right, wooden shutters left. Interior not viewed; stone stack may indicate existence of earlier structure on site.  English Heritage Listed Building Number: 264878. First Listed on 21/12/1984.  Double pile plan. Stone, Render walls. Hipped roof  The building was visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 6. 
- <1> SSO673 Index: 21/12/1984. Thirty-first List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest. Distict of West Somerset (Somerset).
- <2> SSO2013 Unassigned: Webster CJ, Historic Environment Record. 2005. Staff Comments, Somerset County Council.
- <3> SSO1 Unpublished document: Somerset County Council. Various. Somerset HER parish files - Exmoor records.
|Grid reference||Centred ST 0336 3536 (18m by 24m)|
|Civil Parish||OLD CLEEVE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 375/4/120
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 30819
Record last edited
Apr 21 2021 10:12AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.