MSO10366 - School, Luxborough (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
'School' noted on 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [1,2] Noted as 'Plaisance', presumably a private dwelling.  Luxborough school was established in 1872, funded by the Luttrells. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SSO1586 Map: Ordnance Survey. Second Edition.
- <3> SSO1583 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2005. Landline Information.
- <4> SEM8516 Monograph: Villiers, S.. 2012. Village schooling in Somerset: Learn 'em hard. Ryelands.. 1st Edition. 214.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9741 3798 (17m by 21m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Related Articles (1)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 18644
Record last edited
Feb 5 2018 2:53PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.