MSO10321 - Old Chapel, Withypool (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The chapel was built in 1881 and closed in 1967. It has been converted to a house since 1973.  The building is depicted and labelled "Methodist Chapel" on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  It is not shown on the Tithe Map for Exford.  The building is labelled "Old Chapel" on the 2021 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SSO1943 Monograph: Stell, C.. 1991. An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-Houses in South-West England. Her Majesty's Stationery Office.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SSO685 Map: 1839. Withypool Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4>XY SEM340794 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2021. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #34543 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8457 3552 (13m by 11m)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYPOOL AND HAWKRIDGE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Somerset SMR PRN: 18535
Record last edited
Aug 23 2021 5:16PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.