MSO10031 - Undated cairn on parish boundary on Croydon Hill (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A cairn is depicted on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map on the Dunster/Carhampton parish boundary on Croydon Hill at SS 9781 4036.  There is no field evidence for this cairn: the area has been afforested and lies in an area of dense coniferous plantation.  This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1854-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. Somerset 47(1).
- <2> SMO7322 Unpublished document: Riley, H.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 1998.
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1139553, Extant 19 May 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9780 4035 (27m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||CARHAMPTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
|Civil Parish||DUNSTER, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1139553 (Pastscape entry: 1139553)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9603
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SE98
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1139553
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13468
Record last edited
May 19 2022 2:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.