MMO925 - Post-medieval water meadow at Higher Clammer (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The potential remains of a post-medieval water meadow are visible on aerial photographs. A series of curving and straight drains extend, perpendicular to one another, north and south along the west bank of the River Haddeo. They are centred at SS 9430 2868. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project.  Some of the watercourses transcribed by the NMP appear to be represented on the 2022 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3304-5 (15 April 1946).
- <2> SMO6669 Collection: Winton, H.. 1998. RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <3>XY SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882. [Mapped feature: #35248 ]
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1132538, Extant 11 April 2022.
- <5> SEM340925 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2022. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9429 2863 (120m by 278m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132538 (Pastscape entry: 1132538)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10070
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8984
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW79
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1132538
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13793
Record last edited
Apr 11 2022 4:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.