MMO925 - Post-medieval water meadow at Higher Clammer (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The potential remains of a post-medieval water meadow are visible on aerial photographs. A series of curving and straight drains extend, perpendicular to one another, north and south along the west bank of the River Haddeo. They are centred at SS 9430 2868. 
- <1> SMO7522 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 92 NW. AF1131882.
- <2> SMO6669 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NW.
- <3> SSO639 Map: SS92NW. 79.
- <4> SSO358 Aerial photograph: 15-APR-1946. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3304-5 15-APR-1946.
- <5> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3304-5 15-APR-1946.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9429 2863 (120m by 278m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132538 (Pastscape entry: 1132538)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10070
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO8984
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NW79
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132538
- Somerset SMR PRN: 13793
Record last edited
Dec 10 2012 10:37AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.