MMO889 - Weekfield Trial Shaft (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Probable location of Weekfield trail shaft, clearly visible at SS 9480 3555 on vertical aerial photographs and marked as a tip (disused) on the 1980 1:10,000 OS map of the area. Three other extractive pits are also visible on vertical photographs at SS 9465 3532 and SS 9490 3550. [1,2] The site is visible as a small spoil heap adjacent to the filled shaft. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1944 2153 23-JAN-1947.
- <2> SMO5301 Unpublished document: Eardley-Wilmot, H.. 1981. Worksheet in Devon HER. p 40: Sellick R, The West Somerset Mineral Railway.
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
- <4> SEM7005 Report: Jones, M.H.. 1995. Report on Proposed Low-Key Visitor Access to Industrial Sites on the Brendon Hills. 17.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9478 3556 (63m by 33m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1132358 (Original Monarch entry: 1132358)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7203
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW94
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1132358
Record last edited
Jan 31 2013 11:21AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.