MMO650 - Limestone quarry southeast of Luckwell Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A linear quarry exploiting the Roadwater limestone outcrop runs from SS 9063 3853 to SS 9139 3865. It consists of a linear trench some 30 metres across and up to 5 metres deep running for a length of about 750 metres.  This quarry is visible on the vertical aerial photographs, running for 800 metres between SS 9063 3853 and SS 9143 3862. It was plotted at 1:10,000 scale during the Brendon Hills Mapping Project. [2,3]
- <1> SMO7329 Unpublished document: Wilson-North, R.. Field Investigators Comments. RCHME Field Investigation, 16 October 1997.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF F62 543/2821 0148-9 (27 April 1964).
- <3> SMO7521 Archive: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS 93 NW. AF1129721.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9103 3857 (822m by 153m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||CUTCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1104332 (Original Monarch entry: 1104332)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO12606
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9226
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9227
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NW57
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1104332
- Somerset SMR PRN: 35817
Record last edited
Aug 3 2020 11:18AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.