MMO3149 - Medieval or post-medieval field system southwest of Little Bradley (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Earthworks visible on aerial photographs of the 1940s and 1950a may be the remains of a field system of medieval or post-medieval date, potentially associated with the deserted farmstead at Little Bradley. The almost completely levelled earthwork boundary banks are centred approximately on SS 8613 3372, almost 300 metres to the southwest of the deserted farmstead. A combination of curvilinear and straight boundaries, the earthworks fit well into the extant field system, subdividing the fields into strips and smaller square enclosures. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF 540/890 (F20) 3024-5 (3 October 1952).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF CPE/UK/2082 4038-9 (19 May 1947).
- <3>XY SMO7581 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 83 SE. MD002198. [Mapped feature: #32705 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8615 3369 (257m by 283m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1490727 (Pastscape entry: 1490727)
- Pastscape / NRHE HOB UID: 1490727
Record last edited
Apr 5 2021 10:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.