MMO2875 - (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A linear negative earthwork visible on aerial photographs to the south-east of Prescott, at circa SS 86123902, may be the remains of a hollow way, potentially of medieval date. The earthwork is roughly 130 metres long and 4 wide, and is in fact a slight terrace worn into a eastern slope of a dry combe. It is aligned upon gates or breaks in the field boundaries to the north and south, and appears to be part of a long-established network of farm tracks. It may also link Prescott with Stone Lane or the settlement of Stone itself. (1-2)
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/73109 1063-4 29-AP-1973.
- --- SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF 54/2821 (F63) 156-7 27-APR-1964.
- --- SMO7575 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 83 NE. MD002192.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8612 3903 (37m by 136m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||EXFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1485339 (Pastscape entry: 1485339)
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1485339
Record last edited
Sep 5 2017 12:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.