MMO2599 - Post-medieval field boundary and hollow way north of Oaktrow Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
A field boundary and hollow way are visible as earthworks on aerial photographs to the north of Oaktrow Farm, centred on circa SS 9433 4081. The hollow way is still marked as a route on the current Ordnance Survey base map. The field boundary is circa 20 metres to the south of the hollow way. Both features are probably associated with the deserted farmstead of Smallcombe. [1-2]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF CPE/UK/1980 (F20) 3227-8 (11 April 1947).
- <2>XY SMO7569 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 94 SW. MD002186. [Mapped feature: #32487 ]
- <3> SEM7912 Map: 1843. Timberscombe Parish Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9433 4080 (48m by 58m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||TIMBERSCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1479536 (Original Monarch entry: 1479536)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW108
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1479536
Record last edited
Aug 18 2020 11:52AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.