MMO2552 - 19th Century ridge and furrow west of Larkbarrow Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Evidence for agricultural improvement of probable 19th Century date is visible as low earthworks on aerial photographs. The evidence takes the form of east to west orientated narrow ridge and furrow covering 6 hectares of enclosed land to the west of Larkbarrow Farm, centred on circa SS 8162 4291. The earthworks are visible only on aerial photographs of 1952 and it is likely that they have been levelled by subsequent agricultural improvements. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR RAF 540/931 (F20) 4106-7 (8 November 1952).
- <2>XY SMO7567 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 84 SW. MD002184. [Mapped feature: #38216 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1478577, Extant 14 July 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8162 4288 (303m by 262m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1478577 (Original Monarch entry: 1478577)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 SW301
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1478577
Record last edited
Jul 14 2021 4:36PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.