MMO2357 - Post-medieval drainage ditches northeast of The Warren (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Several post medieval drainage ditches are visible on the north eastern side of The Warren, Exmoor. Centred at approximately SS 7841 4139, up to five ditches are visible, mostly running north-west to south-east downslope towards the River Exe. The ditches are very similar to those seen on Great Buscombe to the north east, and are most likely part of the same system. However, since they do not appear to be connected with the larger system, they have been recorded separately. [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980 3158-59 (11 April 1947).
- <2>XY SMO7566 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 74 SE. MD002183. [Mapped feature: #32964 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1475936, Extant 14 June 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7843 4137 (414m by 247m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1475936 (Pastscape entry: 1475936)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 74 SE206
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1475936
Record last edited
Jun 14 2021 4:40PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.