MMO1776 - Bronze Age hut circle north of Trentishoe Down (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A possible Bronze Age hut circle is visible on aerial photographs as an earthwork to the north of Trentishoe Down. Centred at SS 6281 4808, the hut circle consists of a narrow circular bank enclosing a hollow and measuring approximately 18 metres across. The interior of the bank measures 13 metres across. It is located on a north facing slope, slightly sheltered by a rise to the north. Three other well-preserved hut circles of Bronze Age date lie within 100 metre radius of this monument (see MDE1040 and MDE8961). [1,2] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. NMR OS/72065 051-52 (15 April 2007).
- <2>XY SMO7554 Archive: 2007-2009. Exmoor National Park NMP: SS 64 NW. MD002171. [Mapped feature: #38660 ]
- <3> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 1461624, Extant 8 November 2021.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6281 4808 (27m by 27m) Aerial Survey|
|Civil Parish||TRENTISHOE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (2)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1461624 (Original Monarch entry: 1461624)
- https://heritagerecords.nationaltrust.org.uk/HBSMR/MonRecord.aspx?uid=MNA107791 (National Trust HER entry: MNA107791)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 64 NW82
- National Trust HER Record: MNA107791
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 1461624
Record last edited
Nov 8 2021 8:58PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.