MMO1456 - Medieval or post-medieval ridge and furrow east of Ash Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A block of medieval and/or post-medieval ridge and furrow is visible as earthworks on aerial photographs taken in 1946. The block is located east of Ash Farm and centred at SS 8399 4785. It covers and area that measures 12 metres long by 80 metres. The ridge and furrow was plough levelled on aerial photographs taken in 1960. [1-3]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/106G/UK/1501 4340-4341 (13 May 1946).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/541/544 3020-3021 (1 June 1960).
- <3> SMO7540 Archive: Severn Estuary Rapid Coastal Zone Assessment: SS 84 NW. MD000129.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8398 4785 (128m by 173m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1453974 (Pastscape entry: 1453974)
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 84 NW71
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1453974
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:19PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.