MMO1081 - Post-medieval water meadow south of Greenslade Farm (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A Post Medieval water meadow, known locally as a Catch Water Irrigation System, is visible as earthworks on aerial photographs. Sixteen field gutters or drains follow the contour on the slopes below South Greenslade Farm. Three concentrations are centred at SS 9679 2998, SS 9693 3000 and SS 9685 3008. This system links up to one at Hurwood Farm (described in SS 93 SE 41). [1-2]
- --- SMO6671 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS92NE.
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 106G/UK/1420 3308-9, 4476-7 15-APR-1946.
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F64) 0280-1 27-APR-1964.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9694 2997 (421m by 471m) (Aerial Survey)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1134135 (Original Monarch entry: 1134135)
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO9037
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 92 NE100
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 1134135
Record last edited
Dec 13 2012 11:00AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.