MEM24880 - St Mary's Churchyard, Luccombe (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
St Mary's church has fabric dating to the 13th Century.  In normal use.  The churchyard is depicted on the 2020 Ordnance Survey MasterMap data.  The churchyard is shown with a similar footprint on the Tithe Map for Luccombe, although at that time it was bounded by buildings abutting it to the east. 
- <1> SMO4109 Serial: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. 1851-. Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Volume 77 (1931) p51-7 (FC Ecles).
- <2> SMO7319 Unpublished document: PITCHER, GHP. Field Investigators Comments. Ordnance Survey, 18 June 1965.
- <3>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #46642 ]
- <4> SSO292 Map: Collard Cox, W.. 1841. Luccombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9109 4452 (77m by 58m)|
|Civil Parish||LUCCOMBE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36984 (Pastscape entry: 36984)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 444/14/45
- Church Heritage Record ID: 601469
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO12036
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10558
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO7403
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 94 SW10
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36984
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31031
- Somerset SMR PRN: 33660
- Somerset SMR PRN: 34878
Record last edited
Aug 5 2020 1:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.