MEM24833 - St Mary Magdalene's Churchyard, Withiel Florey (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
SS 9869 3328. St Mary Magdalene's Church (NAT)  The church has an early foundation as in 1110 the living was appropriated to Taunton Priory and assessed in the 1292 taxation. In 1959 there were plans to demolish the church but vigorous local protests prevented this and since this time, much preservation work has been carried out and a maintenance trust fund raised.  Graveyard in use since medieval times.  The Churchyard is depicted on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
- <2> SSO727 Monograph: Allen, N.V.. 1974. Churches and Chapels of Exmoor. Exmoor Press. 89.
- <3> SEM8675 Verbal communication: Various. 1900-. Somerset County Council / South West Heritage Trust staff comments. M Aston, 29 Nomber 1976.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #46477 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9869 3328 (74m by 47m)|
|Civil Parish||BROMPTON REGIS, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (3)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- https://facultyonline.churchofengland.org/CHR/ChurchDetails.aspx?id=535 (CHER ID: 601454)
- Church Heritage Record ID: 601454
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO8849
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO10821
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MSO11090
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 SE4
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
- Pastscape HOBID (was Monarch UID): 36688
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33387
- Somerset SMR PRN: 31356
Record last edited
Jan 27 2020 11:48AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.