MEM23932 - Willow Coach House, Selworthy (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The site is shown as an accessway to the Rectory on the Tithe Map for Selworthy Tithe Map. No building is shown in this location.  A building is shown as a rectangular structure facing the road at SS 9182 4673 on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. It appears to be subdivided. [2,3] The building still appears to be extant.  The original dwelling is of stone facing under a double Roman clay tile roof. The windows are white painted timber with painted stone cills. The eaves have open soffits with painted timber rafter ends, fascia and verge boards. To the south west elevation is an oriel window with a natural slate roof and slate hung face and cheeks. To the street elevation is a stone faced chimney stack and blank stone faced wall. The property has been extended to the north east with a first floor extension over an existing single storey extension. 
- <1> SEM7926 Map: 1841. Selworthy Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1890-1891.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1903.
- <4> SEM8512 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2017. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM8522 Report: Unknown. 2018. Design and Access Statement: Willow Coach House, Selworthy, Porlock, Minehead, Somerset.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9182 4673 (18m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:17PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.