MEM23628 - The Oaks, Ash Lane, Winsford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The site is shown as a clear plot on the Tithe Map for Winsford.  A small linear building orientated north to south is shown on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map at c. SS 9055 3495. It appears to be some form of outbuilding.  The building appears to have been reduced in size by the time the 2nd Edition map was surveyed, to form a small square structure centred on c. SS 9055 3495.  The building appears to have been enlarged to its present scale, by adding an extension to the east and north, by the time aerial photographs of the village were taken by the Royal Air Force in 1946-8, but this is not entirely clear. The house is now labelled The Oaks on modern MasterMap data. [4,5]
- <1> SSO710 Map: 1839. Winsford Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <5> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9056 3495 (12m by 6m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||WINSFORD, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- None recorded
Record last edited
Jun 29 2016 10:27AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.