MEM23546 - West Porlock (Place)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The historic core of West Porlock is depicted on the Porlock Tithe Map and later First and Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey maps. [1-3] The Ordnance Survey MasterMap shows that there has been some new development to the south and west of the historic core since the Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SEM7162 Map: Cox, J. W.C.. 1841. Porlock Tithe Map and Apportionment. 13.3 inches : 1 mile.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8716 4709 (328m by 144m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Local Plan - Historic Core
Record last edited
Oct 5 2020 1:25PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.