MEM23545 - Porlock Weir (Place)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The historic core of Porlock Weir is depicted on the Porlock Tithe Map and later First and Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey maps. [1-3] The Ordnance Survey MasterMap shows that the town has extended to the southeast from the historic core since the Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SEM7162 Map: Cox, J. W.C.. 1841. Porlock Tithe Map and Apportionment. 13.3 inches : 1 mile.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8645 4785 (324m by 335m) Historic mapping|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Local Plan - Historic Core
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (0-20)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (20-50)
- Shoreline Management Plan 2 (50-100)
Record last edited
Oct 18 2021 3:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.