MEM23528 - Post-medieval building to the southeast of Worthy Manor (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A narrow rectangular building is depicted to the southeast of Worthy on the Portlock Tithe Map.  A building is also present in this location on the First and Second Edition 25 inch Ordnance Survey maps, although it appears to have been extended in length. [2,3] The building is not present on the Ordnance Survey MasterMap indicating that it had been demolished prior to 2015. 
- <1> SEM7162 Map: Cox, J. W.C.. 1841. Porlock Tithe Map and Apportionment. 13.3 inches : 1 mile.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8594 4812 (43m by 7m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PORLOCK, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:16PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.