MEM23394 - Court Place Farm, Churchtown, Parracombe (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
The farmstead is shown on the 1839 Tithe Map for Parracombe, with a linear range of buildings adjoining and running southwards from the southern elevation of the main farmhouse (MDE1073) and a further range orientated northeast to southwest sited to the east and at right angles to the first range. This latter range appears to have been demolished prior to the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map being surveyed. The range to the south of the farmhouse still appears to be extant, although it may have been subjected to alterations during the intervening period. [1-4] At Churchtown, there are some fairly typical late 18th to early 19th Century farm outbuildings at Court Place. 
- <1> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8322 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2016. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM6948 Report: Fisher, J.. 2004. Parracombe: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 15.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6742 4484 (83m by 74m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 25 2020 10:31AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.