MEM23223 - Hill Farm, Hawkridge (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
The farmstead does not appear on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map or on aerial photographs taken by the Royal Air Force in 1946-8. [1,2] The farmstead is shown on modern mapping and labelled Hill Farm.  The farmstead was visited in January 1997. It was described as 20th Century and not significant. 
- <1> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park. Farm reference 161.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8468 3204 (257m by 136m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||WITHYPOOL AND HAWKRIDGE, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 161
Record last edited
Apr 19 2021 11:20PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.