MEM23147 - Kinsford Farm, Exmoor (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Kinsford is shown and labelled on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map as a single building (which is still extant), located at SS 7433 3720. The 2nd Edition map shows the site labelled 'Kinsford Cottage', with a well to the east of the house and a small range of linear outbuildings at SS 7431 3720. These outbuildings appear to have since been demolished to make space for a larger building to the west of the house, which is connected by a small extension; however, the plan of the main house appears to have been little altered. Modern farm buildings have since been constructed to the north of the house. [1-3] The farmstead was seen from a distance in January 1997 but no comments were recorded as to its form or age. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #42129 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM6996 Report: Schofield, J.. 1997. Exmoor Farmsteads: An evaluation of old steadings within Exmoor National Park.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7432 3720 (55m by 45m) (Historic mapping)|
|Civil Parish||EXMOOR, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (0)
- Exmoor Farmsteads Survey 1996-1997 (4): 110
Record last edited
Sep 8 2020 9:44AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.