MEM22977 - Post-medieval ford at Allerford (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval ford was visible on the 1st and 3rd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. This was still seen on the 2014 MasterMap. The ford was not annotated on the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map, though its continued use into the 3rd Edition map implies it was still present. [1-4]
- <1> SEM6730 Report: McDonnell, R.. 2002. Archaeological Sampling of Two Intertidal Palaeoechannels in Porlock Bay: Interim Report.
- <2> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9052 4691 (15m by 8m) MasterMap|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Oct 18 2021 3:12PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.