MEM22911 - Post-medieval ford at Bossington (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A post-medieval ford was visible on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Edition mapping. This is still recorded on MasterMap. It is located alongside a footbridge MEM22912. [1-4] The presence of a ford is implied on the 1841 Porlock Tithe map. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM8093 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1933-1938. County Series, Third Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8033 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2014. MasterMap.
- <5> SEM7162 Map: Cox, J. W.C.. 1841. Porlock Tithe Map and Apportionment. 13.3 inches : 1 mile.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8982 4802 (11m by 11m) (MasterMap)|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.