MEM22395 - Woodside, Lynmouth (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
A building named 'Woodside' is shown on the 1st and 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps in this location. [1,2] The building is no longer extant. It was presumably destroyed in the 1952 flood.  Two smaller buildings are depicted within this location, set within Plot 20 on the earlier Countisbury Tithe map. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7989 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2013. MasterMap.
- <4> SEM8072 Map: <1841. Countisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7298 4920 (53m by 33m) Historic mapping|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 fluvial
Record last edited
Jul 21 2021 4:32PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.