MEM15247 - Lanes to the west of Bossington (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Extensions to the northwest extent of the lanes depicted on the 1975 Ordnance Survey map , leading to fields to the west of Bossington. Recorded from from a tithe map of 1840. Slight earthworks recorded during field evaluation. [2,3]
- <1> SSO1442 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1975. 1:10,000 Map, 1975. 1:10,000.
- <2> SEM6715 Report: McDonnell, R.. 1995. Porlock Bay and Marsh: A Rapid Preliminary Assessment of the Cultural and Palaeoenvironmental Resource. P. 39.
- <3> SEM7162 Map: Cox, J. W.C.. 1841. Porlock Tithe Map and Apportionment. 13.3 inches : 1 mile.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 8928 4805 (466m by 390m) Estimated from sources|
|Civil Parish||SELWORTHY, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
External Links (0)
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 2 fluvial & tidal
- Coastal Risk 2014: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 2 tidal
- Coastal Risk 2016: Flood Zone 3 tidal
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Oct 18 2021 3:14PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.