MEM15218 - Post-medieval water meadow east of Woodlands Farmstead (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
To the east of Woodlands Farmstead there are a number of ditches, which are the remains of water meadows associated with the farmstead. These and the curvilinear enclosure around the farmstead were seen as earthworks and mapped from aerial photographs. [1-3] This record was enhanced as part of the National Record of the Historic Environment to Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Record data transfer project. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF CPE/UK/1980/4337 (11 April 1947).
- <2> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF 543/2821 (F62) 141 (27 April 1964).
- <3>XY SMO6673 Collection: RCHME: Brendon Hills Mapping Project, SS93NE. [Mapped feature: #39729 ]
- <4> SEM7987 Digital archive: Historic England. Various. National Record of the Historic Environment (NRHE) entry. 36637, Extant 13 April 2022.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9604 3771 (287m by 153m)|
|Civil Parish||LUXBOROUGH, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
External Links (1)
- http://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=36637 (Original Monarch entry: 36637)
- Exmoor National Park Authority HER number: MSO7453
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MMO200
- National Monuments Record reference: SS 93 NE16
- NRHE HOB UID (Pastscape): 36637
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33727
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33728
- Somerset SMR PRN (Somerset): 33729
Record last edited
Apr 13 2022 1:59PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.