MEM15211 - Disputed post-medieval ha ha west of Hollam House (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The remains of a ha ha, in the grounds of Hollam House, has been identified by a Farm Environment Plan Surveyor.  An earthwork is visible, southwest of Hollam House, in the 2003 aerial photography.  An earthwork is visible, southwest of Hollam House, in the 1946-1948 aerial photography. This feature is likely to be one of the contour leats (rather than a ha ha), forming part of the field gutter system at Hollam. 
- <1>XY SEM6997 Map: Mills, R.. 2009. Annotated Higher Level Stewardship Options Map. [Mapped feature: #31217 ]
- <2> SEM6700 Aerial photograph: Geoinformation. 2003. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <3> SEM6707 Aerial photograph: Royal Air Force. 1946 -1948. Vertical Aerial Photography.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. F Glover, HER Officer, 3 February 2011.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 9179 2840 (114m by 90m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||DULVERTON, WEST SOMERSET, SOMERSET|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- National Park: Exmoor National Park
Record last edited
Jan 27 2020 10:51AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.