MDE21772 - 20th Century barn and railway carriage west of Croscombe Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
A large late 19th or early 20th century shed is located in the corner of a field, adjacent to Croscombe Lane. A rail truck, without wheels or bogies, perhaps originating from the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway (MMO42), lies adjacent to the shed.  The railway carriage has been removed.  The railway carriage is visible on the 2006 and 2008 aerial photography, but has been removed by 2010. [3-5] The barn is not shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. 
- <1> SDE323788 Report: Nicholas Pearson Associates. 2000. Lynton Water Supply: Environmental report. P.66.
- <2> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information. J Bryant, 8 June 2011.
- <3> SEM6710 Aerial photograph: Cartographic Engineering. 2006. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <4> SEM7560 Aerial photograph: Geoinformation. 2008. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <5> SEM7617 Aerial photograph: Getmapping. 2010. Vertical Aerial Photography of Exmoor National Park.
- <6> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6874 4752 (12m by 12m) (Estimated from sources)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 64587
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/154
Record last edited
Oct 14 2020 12:33PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.