MDE21740 - Post-medieval road east of Higher Holworthy (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Road recorded as 'private carriage and occupation road, no.56' on 1862 Parracombe Down Enclosure Award and map. Runs from SS 6897 4439 to SS 6918 4423. Original width marked out as 16 feet. Still visible as road on the 6 inch 1963 Ordnance Survey map. [1-3] The road is also shown on 2018 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7970 Unpublished document: 1862. Parracombe Down Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4>XY SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap. [Mapped feature: #44432 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6907 4422 (225m by 67m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62123
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/206
Record last edited
May 21 2019 4:45PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.