MDE21733 - Justapark Lane (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Derelict road. Described as 'Public Carriage Way, No.2' in 1848 Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award and map. This road was to be stopped up and discontinued and a private carriage and occupation road to be set out in its place. Ran from SS 6310 4465 to SS 6330 4491 across Kentisbury Down. [1,2] Not visible on 1978 1:10000 Ordnance Survey map.  The road is visible as a routeway on the 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. It met "Justapark Lane" at SS 6330 4491 and continued on to Higher Cowley Farm at SS 6360 4511.  The entire routeway is not depicted on 2018 MasterMap data.  The Tithe Map for Kentisbury shows Justapark Lane but the routeway ends at the entrance to Kentisbury Down (MDE20917). 
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SSO1446 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1978. 1:10,000 Map, 1978. 1:10,000.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
- <6> SEM7937 Map: 1840. Kentisbury Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 633 448 (516m by 485m)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62116
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/197
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 10:37AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.