MDE21726 - Possible post-medieval trackway through Preston Gate (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Track described as 'private carriage and occupation road, no.37' in 1848 Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award and map. Indicated as running from SS 6319 4345 to SS 6320 4347. Original width marked out as 16.5 feet. Not visible on 1:10000 (1978) Ordnance Survey map. [1-3] The route of this feature requires confirmation before it can be accurately mapped. One of the grid references cited above appears to be incorrect. 
- <1> SEM8548 Unpublished document: Unknown. 1848. Kentisbury Down Enclosure Award. Unknown.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SMO5112 Map: Ordnance Survey. Various. Ordnance Survey Map (Scale / Date) . 1:10,000/1978.
- <4> SMO5308 Verbal communication: Various. Various. Oral Information or Staff Comments. Catherine Dove, 10 April 2018.
|Grid reference||SS 6318 4344 (point)|
|Civil Parish||KENTISBURY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62109
- Devon SMR: SS64SW/190
Record last edited
Apr 30 2019 10:55AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.