MDE21719 - Ridge Road, East Anstey Common (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Road described as 'Public Carriage road, Allotment no.21' on 1856 Enclosure Award and map in Devon Record Office. Runs from boundary of West Anstey Common SS 8635 2852 eastwards towards the parish of Dulverton at SS 8796 2850. Original width marked out as 24 feet. Exists as road on 1973 6 inch Ordnance Survey map. [1-3] The road is shown on the East Anstey Tithe Map.  2018 MasterMap data depicts the road and labels it "Ridge Road". 
- <1> SDE92046 Unpublished document: 1856. East Anstey Common Enclosure Award.
- <2> SEM8553 Unpublished document: Wilmshurst, F.A.. 2000. Enclosure Awards file and accompanying map overlays.
- <3> SEM7730 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1973. 1:10000, 1973. 1:10,000.
- <4> SEM8107 Map: Crispin, H.. 1845. East Anstey Tithe Map and Apportionment. 3 chains : 1 inch.
- <5> SEM8545 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2018. MasterMap.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 871 285 (1594m by 179m)|
|Civil Parish||EAST ANSTEY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 62091
- Devon SMR: SS82NE/59
Record last edited
Mar 26 2019 2:48PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.