MDE21541 - Medieval or post-medieval banks and hollow way east of Twitchen (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
Banks and levelled areas near bridge at Twitchen. A possible hollow way along old line of road.  There appear to be no features recorded on the Tithe Map for Molland or on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map that explain the reference above. The precise location for this record therefore requires further investigation. [2-4]
- <1>XY SDE69908 Report: Bannister, N.R. and Bannister, D.E.. 1992. Historic landscape survey of the Molland Estate, Nr South Molton, Devon. A44, 10 June 1992. [Mapped feature: #33838 A44]
- <2> SEM7661 Map: 1841. Molland Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1999-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 18 February 2019.
|Grid reference||SS 7920 3033 (point)|
|Civil Parish||MOLLAND, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 53997
- Devon SMR: SS73SE/572
Record last edited
Feb 18 2019 1:52PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.