MDE21294 - 18th Century chest tomb in St Petrock's Churchyard (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Roach chest tomb circa 10 metres south of south porch of church of St. Petrocks. A chest tomb, late 18th Century in date with an ashlar plinth. It has a slate slab with figure of angel blowing trumpet to head and decorative borders. Inscription to Eleanor Roach (died 1782) and other members of the family.  The tomb was visited in September 2012 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. It received a BAR score of 4A.  The tomb is within the Parracombe Conservation Area. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . HHR: Parracombe (9 April 1987), 74.
- <2> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <3> SEM6948 Report: Fisher, J.. 2004. Parracombe: Conservation Area Character Appraisal. 12.
|Grid reference||SS 67473 44929 (point) (NHLE)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (4A): 1544/6/126
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 37656
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/12/9
Record last edited
Dec 10 2019 9:34AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.