MDE21140 - Post-medieval ford at Skillaton Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A ford is depicted and labelled at SS 6584 4522 on the six inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map.  It is also shown on the six inch 1963 map.  The ford is again depicted and labelled on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map. Skillaton footbridge is shown on its southeastern side (MEM).  The feature is shown on the Tithe Map for Parracombe.  The ford is depicted and labelled on the 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, 6NW.
- <2> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <5>XY SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500. [Mapped feature: #46750 ]
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6585 4522 (25m by 29m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31427
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/95
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 10:33AM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.