MDE21123 - Late 19th or early 20th Century boat house on Woolhanger Fish Pond (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A boat house is shown on the 25 inch and six inch 2nd Edition and the six inch 1963 Ordnance Survey maps, adjacent to a large area labelled "Fish Pond" (MDE20642). [1-3] The 25 inch 1st Edition map does not show the boat house. The "Fish Pond" was much smaller at this stage. It is therefore possible that the boat house was constructed as part of a wider relandscaping exercise. [4,5] The boat house is not shown on 2020 MasterMap data. 
- <1>XY SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #33672 ]
- <2> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1903, 6NE.
- <3> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM8630 Verbal communication: Various. 1993-. Exmoor National Park Historic Environment Team staff comments. Catherine Dove, 21 October 2020.
- <6> SEM8817 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2020. MasterMap data. 1:2,500.
|Grid reference||SS 6992 4528 (point)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 31410
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/112
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 3:00PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.