MDE20642 - Post-medieval and modern fishponds east of Woolhanger Manor (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map shows a fishpond situated at SS 6996 4527, which is c.73 metres northwest to southeast by c.41m northeast to southwest.  By the time of the 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map the fishpond had been extended to an area slightly larger than that shown on the 2013 MasterMap data. A further fishpond had also been added at SS 6986 4519 (the latter is also shown on the 1938 map and the 1963 map but is no longer shown on 2013 MasterMap data). [2-5] The first fishpond is also shown on the Tithe Map for Lynton and Lynmouth Parish. 
- <1> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1889.
- <2>XY SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. 1904. [Mapped features: #40467 Original, extended fishpond, ; #40468 Later fishpond, ]
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
- <5> SEM7989 Map: Ordnance Survey. 2013. MasterMap.
- <6> SEM7677 Map: 1840. Lynton and Lynmouth Parish Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6993 4525 (168m by 135m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 30544
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57003
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/122
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/23/3
- Exmoor National Park HER Number (now deleted): MDE21024
Record last edited
Oct 21 2020 3:01PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.