MDE20961 - Sawmills Cottage, 1 and 2 Stock Hill, Barbrook (Building)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
Nos 1 and 2, Stock Hill, Barbrook. Probably 18th Century, 3 storey and part with basement. Small casement window at 2nd floor. 4 casements at ground and 1st floors with flat arches with hewn voussoirs. Stone, limewashed.  The buildings were visited in December 2013 as part of the rapid condition survey of Exmoor's Listed Buildings 2012-13. They received a BAR score of 6.  The buildings are shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map.  The property is not shown on the Tithe Map for Lynton and Lynmouth, suggesting it was constructed after 1840. 
- <1> SMO5109 Index: Department of the Environment. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest . HHR: Lynton (3 Sept 1973) 4.
- <2> SEM8060 Report: Lawrence, G.. 2014. Exmoor National Park: Rapid condition survey of listed buildings 2012-13.
- <3> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <4> SEM7677 Map: 1840. Lynton and Lynmouth Parish Tithe Map and Apportionment.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7150 4762 (25m by 17m)|
|Civil Parish||LYNTON AND LYNMOUTH, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 858/1/2/54/1
- 2012-3 Building At Risk Score (6): 858/1/2/54/2
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 24040
- Devon SMR: SS74NW/100
Record last edited
Feb 7 2022 10:24PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.