MDE20660 - Skentaway Bridge (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (2)
- None recorded
The 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map depicts a small bridge (possibly a footbridge) at SS 7054 3737. It is labelled "Skentaway Bridge". A ford is shown immediately to the south. There is also an Ordnance Survey bench mark marked to the east of the bridge.  The site is similarly depicted on the 2nd Edition 6 and 25 inch maps. [2,3] The features had been replaced by a larger road bridge by the time the 1962 six inch map was surveyed. 
- <1>XY SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #46698 ]
- <2> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SEM7223 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1892-1906. County Series, 2nd Edition 6 Inch Map. 1:10560. 1905, Devon 10SE.
- <4> SEM7220 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1962. 6 Inch Map: 1962. 1:10560.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 7053 3736 (65m by 36m)|
|Civil Parish||HIGH BRAY, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
|Civil Parish||BRAYFORD, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57796
- Devon SMR: SS73NW/593
Record last edited
Sep 9 2020 3:56PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.