MDE20646 - Late 19th Century mile post west of Holwell Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
A mile post is labelled on the 25 inch 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey map, adjacent to the Lynton to Barnstaple Railway route (MMO42).  The mile post is not shown on the 25 inch 1st Edition map but the railway was also not extant at this time.  The mile post is marked on the six inch 1938 map.  It is not marked on the six inch 1963 map. 
- <1>XY SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500. [Mapped feature: #33487 ]
- <2> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <3> SDE65803 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1903/38. 6 Inch: 1903-38. 1:10560.
- <4> SEM7608 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1963. 6 Inch Map: 1963.
|Grid reference||SS 6755 4428 (point)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 57018
- Devon SMR: SS64SE/19/1
Record last edited
Dec 9 2019 1:57PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.