MDE20536 - Post-medieval field boundaries west of Heale Wood (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
- None recorded
Ploughed out field boundaries were noted on aerial photographs west of Heale Wood. [1,2] The field boundary is visible on the Tithe Map for Parracombe. They form the edge of the strip field system at Heale (MDE21183).  The boundaries had been removed by the time the 25 inch 1st Edition Ordnance Survey map was surveyed. 
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. RAF/106G/UK/1655.3187 (July 1946).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6547A.
- <3> SDE89747 Map: 1839. Parracombe Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 651 474 (145m by 166m)|
|Civil Parish||PARRACOMBE, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17922
- Devon SMR: SS64NE/38
Record last edited
Oct 28 2020 2:54PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.