MDE20515 - Possible former routeway west of Stony Corner (Monument)
Please read the caveat document.
Type and Period (1)
Roughly parallel marks on infra-red aerial photographs suggest the former course of a road. Very good on the 1978 aerial photographs. [1,2] No road is shown here on the Tithe Map for Combe Martin, or on the 1st or 2nd Edition Ordnance Survey maps. [3-5]
- <1> SMO4068 Aerial photograph: Various. Various. Vertical Aerial Photograph. MAM/2666 (June 1978).
- <2> SEM7406 Unpublished document: McDonnell, R.. 1980. Gazetteer of Sites in the Exmoor National Park Identified through Aerial Photography. SS6146a.
- <3> SDE65638 Map: 1843. Combe Martin Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <4> SEM6703 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1868-1901. County Series; 1st Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
- <5> SEM7190 Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902-1907. County Series, 2nd Edition 25 Inch Map. 1:2500.
|Grid reference||Centred SS 6167 4611 (83m by 155m) (Aerial survey)|
|Civil Parish||COMBE MARTIN, NORTH DEVON, DEVON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
- Devon SMR Monument ID: 17901
- Devon SMR: SS64NW/19
Record last edited
Aug 17 2020 12:02PM
Your feedback is welcome. If you can provide any new information about this record, please contact us.